Year 6 Learning Challenge
This year's Learning Challenges are:
- I'm a year 6; can you get me out of here?
- Why do scientists need big brains?
- Who were the Mayans and what have we learnt from them?
The SATs tests will take place week commencing Monday 8th May 2017.
Please see the timetable below:
- Monday 8th May 2017: English reading test, reading booklet and associated answer booklet
- Tuesday 9th May 2017: English grammar, punctuation and spelling test, Paper 1, short answer questions. English grammar, punctuation and spelling test, Paper 2, spelling
- Wednesday 10th May 2017: Mathematics, Paper 1 arithmetic test. Mathematics, paper 2 reasoning
- Thursday 11th May 2017: Mathematics, Paper 3, reasoning
These tests will be both set and marked externally and the results will be used to measure your child's progress and the school's performance. Your child's marks will be used in conjunction with teacher assessment to give a broader picture of their attainment.
Out trip to PGL takes place Monday 19th - Friday 23rd June 2017. Please note that during the summer term there will be a meeting for parents, to share more information about the trip and what the children need to bring etc.
Ecclesfield Transition Day
Ecclesfield School Transition Day takes place on Mon 26 June 2017. Please note that children need to go straight to Ecclesfield for the start of the school day.