Y6 is the final year at Windmill Hill before children make the move to Secondary School, so Y6 is about getting our pupils ready for that big transition, helping our children to reach their full potential in their end of key stage assessments (SATs) and most importantly, having the most exciting, fun and inspiring time while they are still part of our Windmill Hill family!
Thursday 10th October: Visit to Sheffield Manor Lodge
Monday 11th - Thursday 14th May 2020: SATs week
Monday 15th - Friday 19th June 2020: PGL Residential
Year 6 Wider Curriculum
- History: The Tudors including a local history - the captivity of Mary Queen of Scotts, the ancient civillisation of Maya.
- Science: Electricity, light, evolution, animals including humans, living things and their habitats.
- Art: Drawing, painting, sculpture and printing.
- Design and Technology: Textiles, food and consruction.
- Geography: North America, natural disasters and traffic.
The SATs tests will take place week commencing Monday 11th May 2020.
Please see the timetable below:
- Monday 11th May 2020: English grammar, punctuation and spelling test
- Tuesday 12th May 2020: English reading test
- Wednesday 13th May 2020: Mathematics, paper 1 arithmetic test. Mathematics, paper 2 reasoning
- Thursday 14th May 2020: Mathematics, paper 3, reasoning
These tests will be both set and marked externally and the results will be used to measure your child's progress and the school's performance. Your child's marks will be used in conjunction with teacher assessment to give a broader picture of their attainment.
Out trip to PGL takes place Monday 15th - Friday 19th June 2020. Please note that during the summer term there will be a meeting for parents, to share more information about the trip and what the children need to bring etc.
Ecclesfield Transition Day
Ecclesfield School 2 Day Transition will be on 22nd and 23rd June 2020. Please note that children need to go straight to Ecclesfield for the start of the school day.