Year 6 Learning Challenge
This year's Learning Challenges are:
- I'm a year 6; can you get me out of here?
- Why do scientists need big brains?
- Who were the Mayans and what have we learnt from them?
The SATs tests will take place week commencing Monday 14th May 2018.
Please see the timetable below:
- Monday 14th May 2018: English reading test, reading booklet and associated answer booklet
- Tuesday 15th May 2018: English grammar, punctuation and spelling test, Paper 1, short answer questions. English grammar, punctuation and spelling test, Paper 2, spelling
- Wednesday 16th May 2018: Mathematics, Paper 1 arithmetic test. Mathematics, paper 2 reasoning
- Thursday 17th May 2018: Mathematics, Paper 3, reasoning
These tests will be both set and marked externally and the results will be used to measure your child's progress and the school's performance. Your child's marks will be used in conjunction with teacher assessment to give a broader picture of their attainment.
Out trip to PGL takes place Monday 18th - Friday 22nd June 2018. Please note that during the summer term there will be a meeting for parents, to share more information about the trip and what the children need to bring etc.
Ecclesfield Transition Day
Ecclesfield School Transition Day to be confirmed for 2018. Please note that children need to go straight to Ecclesfield for the start of the school day.