We hope that these pages will give you some information about the Year 2 curriculum. If you need any more information, we are always willing to answer any questions that you have about your child's learning.
Year 2 Curriculum - Learning Challenges
- Would Noah let the Enormous Crocodile onto the Ark? (Science - animals)
- Can I travel around the world in 3 weeks? (Geography - continents and oceans)
- How can we tell people about the Great Fire of London? (History)
- How can we light up the world with our celebrations? (RE - Christmas & Diwali)
- How can 5 a day keep me healthy? (Science)
- Where would you rather live, England or Kenya? (Geography)
- Could Stuart Little live in a house like this? (Science - Materials)
- What do Buddhists believe? (RE)
- How do we grow our own garden? (Science)
- Why is Florence Nightingale famous? (History)
- Are all books special? (RE)
Homework is usually set on a weekly basis. This is particularly important in the area of reading, as daily practice helps the child to progress more quickly. Spelling homework will be given out by your child's phonics teacher (probably at the end of the week). There will also be weekly maths homework, usually in the form of a game. Homework will be given out on Friday and will be due back by the following Wednesday.
Every day 8:40am - 8:50am
When children come into class there will be a task on the whiteboard for children to complete in their morning books. There is no expectation for parents to stay, please feel free to leave once your child is settled.