We hope that these pages will give you some information about the Year 1 curriculum. if you need any more information, we are always willing to answer any questions that you have about your child's learning.
Year 1 Curriculum - Learning Challenges
- Which materials should the Three Little Pigs have used to build their house?
- Why can't a Meercat live in the North Pole?
- Where do the leaves go in the winter?
- Are our toys more fun than Mummy's and Daddy's?
- Where do, and did, the wheels on the bus go?
- Which birds and plants would Little Red Riding Hood find in our park?
- Why are humans not like tigers?
Homework is usually set on a weekly basis. This is particularly important in the area of reading, as daily practice helps the child to progress more quickly. Spelling homework will be given out by your child's phonics teacher (probably at the end of the week). There will also be weekly maths homework, usually in the form of a My Maths. Homework will be given out on Friday and will be due back by the following Wednesday.
Every day 8:40am - 8:50am
When children come into class there will be a task on the whiteboard for children to complete. There is no expectation for parents to stay, please feel free to leave once your child is settled.
All parents (or grandparents) are welcome to come into school and help reading with children. Please let the class teacher know if you are interested, so that we can timetable you into the planning.