Through our curriculum and school ethos we aim to fulfill the Governments' expectation that schools will:
- enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people, and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
We have a series of whole school values and characteristics that form the basis of our behaviour policy. By promoting these we believe our children will be successful citizens today and in the future.
Our whole school values and characteristics
Trustworthy, Respectful, Well-mannered, Responsible, Confident, Considerate, Determined
Co-operative, Tolerant, Positive, Reliable, Supportive, Understanding, Appreciative, Fair, Patient
Our two basic school rules are:
Be kind, Be safe.
- About Us